Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Reasons I'll be watching New Moon (2009)

The Twilight Saga: New Moon tells the story after Bella recovers from the vampire attack that almost claimed her life, she looks to celebrate her birthday with Edward and his family. However, a minor accident during the festivities results in Bella's blood being shed, a sight that proves too intense for the Cullens, who decide to leave the town of Forks, Washington for Bella and Edward's sake. Initially heartbroken, Bella finds a form of comfort in reckless living, as well as an even-closer friendship with Jacob Black. Danger in different forms awaits.

I just copy/paste'd that from IMDb.

Here are the top three reasons why I'll be watching it.

First, the beautiful Ashley Greene. Don't judge me.



Second, being that the director is Chris Weitz. I was not happy with his adaptation of The Golden Compass (2007). Mainly because I've read the novel and he cuts out some of my favourite parts. But now, I'm more matured about movies, I think he did a great job and I have faith in him directing New Moon. And I love About a Boy (2002).

Third, I have seen Twilight (2008) and I feel attached to this. Whenever I start a series, I need to finish it. But I haven't read New Moon and most of the time, when I watch a movie based on a novel before reading that particular novel, he movie would be good. So I'm planning to catch this and then read the book.

I've seen the trailers (yes, plural), and they look good. Chris Weitz directing it -- I'd say this is a safe bet.


Here's the first trailer. To anyone who hasn't seen it yet, enjoy:

1 comment:

  1. 1. Ashley Greene is so beautiful! I agree.
    2. I didn't like what he did with The Golden Compass either. BUT, he is a good director, and I completely have faith that he will make New Moon awesome. (And I love About a Boy)
    3. You're really gonna wait? Ah... I wouldn't be able to. It'd drive me insane!! Meh, how weak of me!

    ReplyDelete